What Is a Google Review Link and Why Do You Need One?
Getting customers to leave you a review isn’t as difficult as it might seem—usually all you have to do is ask. The only problem is that the standard process to leave a review on Google is long and complicated. So if you’re going to ask a customer to leave a review, you should make it as easy as possible.
What Is a Google Review Link?
Google review links are direct links that customers can use to write a review on your Google My Business Page. With a direct link, customers can post a review in just a matter of seconds instead of navigating the longer, 6-step process for writing a Google review.
The best part? Setting up your Google review link isn’t difficult—and once it’s set up you can use it in a lot of different ways
Why You Need a Google Review Link?
More often than not, the first point of contact between potential customers and your business happens on Google.
In order to deliver the most relevant results to users, Google not only needs insight into what your business does but also into the quality of your products and services. Google’s search engine uses your reviews to determine where you rank in the search results—if you have good reviews, your business is more likely to be favored by the search engine and show up higher on the results page.
If you want to increase your visibility on Google, you’re going to need good reviews, and the best way to get better reviews is to get more of them. Google review links make it easy for your customers to review your business. With just one click customers can send and post a review to Google.
How to Use Your Google Review Link to Get More Customer Reviews.
Now that you have your Google review link, all you have to do is share it with your customers. Here are some quick, easy ways you can use your link to start generating reviews:
- Send a “Thank You” email to your customers and asking them to leave a review about their experience.
- Include your unique Google review link on your website
- Use a custom QR code printed on brand materials
- Automate your review acquisition process by using an online review management software like Podium.
Here are 3 ways you can improve the quality of your reviews:
- Don’t just ask for a review, encourage your customers to give honest and specific feedback.
- Explain to customers that their reviews help you improve your service, products, or customer experiences.
- Ask for feedback immediately following service. It’s easier for a customer to leave a review when their positive experience is fresh on their mind.
Remember, not every review will be positive. Use negative reviews as an opportunity to improve your customer service. Learn how to respond to negative reviews and implement feedback in a way that makes past, current, and future customers feel valued. The more proactive you are, the faster you’ll be able to establish trust and generate more positive reviews. It may not happen overnight, but with the right approach and the right tools, you’ll earn your five-star results and plenty of new customers.